Dr. Nirmalya Roy
Nirmalya Roy is currently an Associate Professor and Graduate Program Director in the Department of Information Systems at University of Maryland Baltimore County. He directs the Mobile, Pervasive and Sensor Computing Group (MPSC). He was a Clinical Assistant Professor in the School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at Washington State University from January 2012 to June 2013. Prior to that, he worked as a Research Scientist at Institute for Infocomm Research (I2R), Singapore from 2010 to 2011. He was as a postdoctoral fellow in Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at The University of Texas at Austin from 2008 to 2009. He received his Ph.D. and M.S. in Computer Science and Engineering from The University of Texas at Arlington in 2008 and 2004 respectively. He did his Bachelors in Computer Science and Engineering from Jadavpur University, India in 2001.
- Pervasive Computing and Middleware (activity recognition, energy efficient remote monitoring, QoI, physiological data modeling)
- Wireless SensorNetworks (sensor data stream processing, sensor-driven decision making, embedded sensor system)
- Smart Environments (sensor-driven smart healthcare and rehabilitation, a fine-grained building energy monitoring and control)
- Office: ITE 421
- Address: 1000 Hilltop Circle ITE Building Baltimore MD 21250
- Email: nroy (at) umbc (dot) edu